Who's a good boy.
The Game: Heckin' Good Doggos
The Publisher: Wet Ink Games
Degree of Familiarity: I'm a dog owner, but otherwise none
Books Required: Just the one
So, basic concepty sort of stuff first. Having already taken inspiration from Si for one character, I shall take inspiration from Leo, my dearly departed yellow lab, for this one. My doggo character's name is Superhero. He's a young golden retriever, just out of puppyhood, big enough to get into trouble but not fully grown yet. Superhero was one of a litter of pups that have now all been given away to different Friends. I think he might still have playdates with his siblings sometimes.
Next, pick a breed. This isn't a literal dog breed, it's a description of how the doggo approaches the world. I think Friendly makes the most sense for Superhero.
Divide 10 points betwixt three stats (Brawn, Smarts, Guts). Well, I think I'll just put two points into Smarts (Superhero is, like the dog of his inspiration, not the sharpest knife on the tree). I'll put four each into Brawn and Guts.
Skills! There are nine (three in each attribute), and I get 3 points to divide among any three I choose. So I think I shall pick as my skills: Staying, Sensing, and Sniffing. And I'll just put one point into each, how bout.
Now we think about Superhero's Best Friend. I think said hooman is a little boy of about 5, named Noah. Noah picked Superhero out of the litter; his parents told him to pick a puppy to take home, and Superhero came over, sat in front of Noah, and gave a yip, and then licked him. Love at first sight. I help by playing with Noah. Superhero has noticed that Noah has a habit of forgetting to play because the grebbies in the little glowy-box steal his brain, so Superhero does helpful things like tug on his socks and yip at him.
Neighborhood! I need to add in a detail about the neighborhood as Superhero knows it. I think it'd be cool if there were a dog park; that would make for a nice meeting spot for the pack.
And that's actually it! I know I'm gonna wind up running this at some point. Yip.


No comments:
Post a Comment