The Game: Kobolds Ate My Baby!
The publisher: Dork Storm Press
Degree of familiarity: Some, but honestly it doesn't take much. Played it at MarCon a couple of years back, and it's goddamn awesome.
Books required: Just the KAMB book.
The
lengthy bit of this is going to be typing it out and scanning in the
sheet. Making a character for this game goes faster than braised kobold
through King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!).
OK, so first step: I
roll 2d6 four times, once each for my four stats (Brawn, Ego,
Extraneous, Reflexes - see that? BEER!). Using this handy-dandy dice roller, since my actual dice are downstairs, I get:
Brawn: 6
Ego: 5
Extraneous: 9
Reflexes: 12 (damn, I'm a fast little fucker. AGAIN).
Now for Hits and the other four stats:
Hits = Brawn = 6.
Meat = 2.
Cunning = 2.
Luck = 3.
Agility = 3.
Now, Skills. I get up to six skills, but since I can't have more Skills than my Ego, I only get five. Boo.
I
have to choose at least one from each category, and I have to choose
Cook, so this will be quick. I pick Swim, Shoot, Bard (allowing me to
sing in Kobold, which is fun) and Wiggle (also fun).
Edges and Bogies:
I automatically get Bark like a Kobold, Kobold Senses, Fearless and
Taste like Chicken. A roll on the random Edge chart gives me Extra
Padding (meaning I get an extra 1d6 hits...let's check...5!). A roll on
the random Bogie chart gives me Angry Friends. Ha! No Bogies!
I'll...probably die just as quickly, but at least I don't have to hump
anyone's leg.
And, finally, Gear. I get three rolls, one for armor, one for a weapon, one for random shit. I get:
A Leather Jacket (I get jack shit, but for looking cool)
A Cooking Utensil (I get a bonus die to Cook rolls)
Adventurer's Castoffs (this last requires another roll, meaning I get an Iron Ration)
And that's it! I name my little kobold Taem, and send him out to serve the king (ALL HAIL KING TORG!)


No comments:
Post a Comment