Sunday, September 8, 2019

Character Creation: vs. Empire

I started reading Operation: Perfect Blue the other day and I figure I'll make a character for that sometime this week, but I ain't got the spoons for it tonight. Tonight, I need something simple, and these "vs. [whatever]" games seem to fit the bill.

The Game: vs. Empire
The Publisher: Denagh Design
Degree of Familiarity: None
Books Required: More like a pamphlet, really

 

vs. Empire is basically Star Wars, but using the system for vs. Monsters, which I have not played, so that by itself doesn't tell me much. But, I'm basically a rag-tag rebel, so that's where we're starting.

Code Name: This is to use on comms, so it's a single word plus a number, so I'll be "Storm 3."

Name: This'd be my actual name. I'll say his name is Aseq Crillian.

Health: I start with 10. That's easy.

Approaches: I'm in Control when doing some things and I'm Reckless when doing others. I'll say that Aseq is in Control for Pilot and Spy, but he's Reckless for Fight and Physical Stunts. Put him in a cockpit or a social situation, he's all business, but he hasn't quite figured out how to work his body yet.

Qualities: 1 Species Quality, 1 or 2 Good Qualities. For every Good one, I have to take a Bad one. Cool.

OK, for Species Quality, I'm not entirely crazy about any of the ones listed. I kinda want a "Pain Tolerance" Quality that helps me on defense. It looks like defense is static, so maybe my defense is considered 1 higher?

Good Quality! Oh, wait, there's one called Hard, so I get 12 Health. I like that. I'll go back and take Lucky as a Species Quality instead of the pain thing.

I'm fine with one Good Quality, and for my Bad one, I'll take Hesitant. When we draw for initiative, I draw two cards and the GM picks which one I use.

And that's it, actually! I'll say that Aseq's species looks mostly human, except for a yellowish tint to their skin and spiky black "hair" (it's not hair, it's actually a mass of antennae, but most of the species rubs a chemical into it to dull the sensation so they're not constantly tasting the air around them). Aseq's home planet is rich in a mineral that the Empire finds very useful, and so the planet has slowly been converted to a big mining/processing operation, leading to the deaths of many of his people. A lot of them get off planet by joining the Empire, but a dedicated faction (including Aseq and his siblings) have joined the Rebellion instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment