Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Board Game: Marvel Codenames

Not gonna forget to do this, this time.

The Game: Marvel Code Names
The Publisher: Czech Games
Players: Me, Megan, Gus, Michelle
Time: 10 minutes a round or so


Game Play: It's pretty much the same as the standard edition; you put the cards in a grid, and the "Directors" can see which cards correspond to which team. They try to give their teammate(s) clues by saying a code word and a number, meaning "[number] cards relate to [word]."


The big different here is that the cards have pictures (I mean, they have words on the back, but the pictures are more interesting), so it requires, or at least rewards, a bit of knowledge of who these characters are. Fortunately, we live in a world in which a lot of comic book characters have been translated into big screen counterparts, so they're not as obscure as they might otherwise be.

Otherwise, it's just a themed Code Names game.

Gus and Megan search for commonality.

 Opinions: I actually like the original game better. Don't get me wrong, I love superheroes, but making the game themed just narrows the potential clues a little too much. I would like to play it with more people, though, and see what that does.

Keep? Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment